miércoles, 6 de abril de 2016

Reported Speech

Rewrite a second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first.


  1.  “You can´t park here,” the police officer said to Jack.
  2. “I´ll see you in the morning, Helen,” Peter said to Helen.
  3.  “I´m taking the 5.30 train tomorrow evening,” Janet said.
  4.  “The trousers have to be ready this afternoon,” Paul said to the dry-cleaners.
  5. “I left my umbrella here two days ago,” Susan told them.
  6.  “The parcel ought to be here by the end of the week,” Brian said.
  7.  “I like this hotel very much,” Diana said to me.
  8.  “I think it´s going to rain tonight,” William said.
  9. “What time does the film start, Peter?” I said.
  10.  “Do you watch television every evening, Chris?” the interviewer said.
         Key 

         1. The police officer told Jack not to park there.
         2. Peter said to Helen that he would see her in the morning.
         3. Janet said that she was taking the 5.30 train the following evening.
         4. Paul said to the dry-cleaners the trousers had to be ready that afternoon.
         5. Susan told them that she had left her umbrella there two days before.
         6. Brian said that the parcel ought to be there by the end of the week.
         7. Diana said to me that she liked that hotel very much.
         8. William said that he thought it was going to rain that night.
         9. I asked Peter what time the film started.
         10. The interviewer asked Chris if she watched television every evening.

No hay comentarios: