martes, 26 de enero de 2021

Gap filling



You advertised in a magazine for an English-speaking pen friend. Here is one of the replies you received.

 Complete gaps with 

 a. about      b.at        c.away      d.fairly    e.for      f.in 

g.quite     h.really      i.to        j up    k.with      l.in


I am replying 1____ your advert for a penfriend. You’d probably like to know something 2 _____me, so here goes!!!

I’m nineteen and live 3____ Salisbury. I left school two years ago, did a secretarial course and now work in a 4____ large company. My job is 5____

Varied, and I’ve made some 6____ good friends at work. I usually go 7____ some of them for a pub lunch. Are you still at school or have you got a job?

          In the evenings and at the weekends, I usually go dancing or to the cinema. What do you do 8____ your spare time? I’m not very good 9____ sports, except swimming. Do you do any sports?

          I live with my parents and brother. He’s younger than me and still at school. His exams are only a few weeks 10_____ (poor thing!). Have yoy got any brothers or sisters?

          Salisbury is famous for its cathedral, of course, but it’s also very good 11_______ shopping. Please tell me something about the place where you live.

          Next time I write, I’ll send you a photo of my family. Do you think you’ll ever come to England? It would be nice to meet 12_____ sometime.


KEY
 
1. i
2. a
3. f/l
4. d
5. g
6. h
7. k
8. f/l
9. b
10. c
11. e
12. j

No hay comentarios: