martes, 2 de marzo de 2021

REPHRASING - RELATIVE CLAUSES



Combine the sentences using a relative clause. Make any necessary changes. Omit the relative pronoun if it is not needed.

1. Tom went on holiday to Nevis Island. We went to Nevis Island last year.

2. They bought tickets for the concert. The concert will be held this Friday.

3. Cheryl told me about her new boyfriend. She loves him very much.

4. The policeman wanted to talk to the family. Their child was missing.

5. I collect small cups. I buy them in the countries I visit abroad.

6. Did Samantha find her purse? She lost it last night.

7. The tallest building in my city is downtown. It is 35 storeys high.

8. Did the girls go dancing at the club? My brother is the disc jockey there.


KEY


1.Tom went on holiday to Nevis Island, where we went last year.

2. They bought tickets for the concert which / that will be held this Friday.

3. Cheryl told me about her new boyfriend, who she loves very much.

4. The policeman wanted to talk to the family whose child was missing.

5. I collect small cups which / that I buy in the countries I visit abroad.

6. Did Samantha find the purse she lost last night?

7. The tallest building in my city, which is downtown, is 35 storeys high. / The tallest building in my city, which is 35 storeys high, is downtown.

8. Did the girls go dancing at the club where my brother is the disc jockey?


No hay comentarios: