miércoles, 3 de febrero de 2016

Rephrasings

1. The hairdresser cut my hair last week.
- I ……………………………………………………..
2. “Let’s go to the cinema on Tuesday”, said Mary.
- Mary suggested ……………………………………………
3. What a pity the weather was so bad last weekend.
- I wish ……………………………………………………….
4. I haven’t seen a good film for ages.
- It’s …………………………………………………………..
5. I visited a village yesterday but I did not like it.
- I visited a village yesterday …………………………………………………………..
6. He knows how to play golf.
- He …………………………………………………………
7. It’s ages since I last visited Russia.
- I haven’t ………………………………………………………………………..
8. You won’t understand the problem if you don’t listen carefully.
- Unless you ………………………………………………………………………
9. Someone will cut your hair tomorrow.
- You will …………………………………………………………………………….
10. “Can I go to the disco?”, Tim asked his mother.
- Tim asked……………………………………………………………………
11. Despite the fact that the questions were difficult, she got a high mark in her exam.
- Although the questions …………………………………………………………………………….
12. It’s not necessary for you to make your bed.
- You don’t …………………………………/ You needn’t ……………………………..
13. They will tell us the news tomorrow night.
- We will ……………………………………….
14. I don’t earn much money. It’s a pity I can’t buy a new car.
- If I ………………………………………………………


KEY


1. I had my hair cut last week.
2. Mary suggested going to the cinema on Tuesday.
3. I wish the weather hadn’t been so bad last weekend.
4. It’s ages since I last saw a good film.
5. I visited a village yesterday which I did not like.
6. He can play golf.
7. I haven’t visited Russia for ages.
8. Unless you listen carefully, you won’t understand the problem.
9. You will have your hair cut tomorrow.
10. Tim asked his mother if he could go to the disco.
11. Although the questions were difficult, she got a high mark in her exam.
12. You don’t have to make your bed. / You needn’t make your bed.
13. We will be told the news tomorrow night.
14. If I earned much money, I could buy a new car.


No hay comentarios: