jueves, 26 de febrero de 2015

Rephrasing Conditionals




Rewrite the sentences without changing their meaning.

1. Philip will pass his exam, but he has to work hard.
If…
2. Susan won’t be able to help me unless I arrive early in the morning.
If…
3. Mary usually walks to school if nobody gives her a lift.
Unless…
4. The driver fell asleep at the wheel and caused an accident.
If…
5.  Charles will catch the bus, but he has lo leave now.
If…
6. We can’t fly because we aren’t birds.
If...
7. He stepped on a mine and it exploded.
If…
8. It is a pity your parents can’t be here.
I wish
9. You should go on a diet.
If…
10.  I have eaten too much and now I don’t feel well.
I wish…
11. I was able to buy the car because my parents lent me the money.
If…
12. I will go to the beach although it is cold.
Even if…
13. Whenever I forget my umbrella, it rains.
If…
14.  Carol won’t buy the coat because she doesn’t have enough money.
If…
15. Carol didn’t buy the coat because she didn’t have enough money.
If…
16.  We only came by bus because there were no taxis.
If…
17. I would like to work as a model.
I wish…
18. The bus didn’t stop because you didn’t put your hand up.
If…
19.  I can’t park near my office, that’s why I don’t come by car.
If…
20. What a shame you didn’t phone me.
I wish…
21. They speak French to her, so her English doesn’t improve.
If she…
 22.I’ll go to the cinema tomorrow if I don’t have to work late.
Unless…

KEY

Conditionals

Rewrite the sentences without changing their meaning.
  1. If Philip works hard, he will pass his exam.
  2. If I don’t arrive early in the morning, Susan won’t be able to help me.
  3. Unless somebody gives Mary a lift, she usually walks to school.
  4. If the driver hadn’t fallen asleep at the wheel, he wouldn’t have caused an accident.
  5. If Charles leaves now, he will catch the bus.
  6. If were birds, we could fly.
  7. f he hadn’t stepped on a mine, it wouldn’t have exploded.
  8.  I wish your parents would be here.
  9.  If I were you, I would go on a diet.
  10. I wish I hadn’t eaten so much.
  11.  If my parents hadn’t lent me the money, I wouldn’t have been able to buy the car.
  12. Even if it is cold, I will go to the beach.
  13.  If I forget my umbrella, it rains.
  14. If Carol had enough money, she would buy the coat.
  15. Carol had had enough money, she would have bought the coat.
  16.  there had been taxis, we wouldn’t have come by bus.
  17. I wish I worked as a model.
  18. I wish you had put your hand up, the bus would have stopped.
  19. If I could park near my office, I would come by car
  20. I wish you had phoned me. 
  21. If she weren’t spoken French, her English would improve.
  22. Unless I have to work late, I’ll go to the cinema tomorrow.




No hay comentarios: