martes, 8 de abril de 2014

The perils of being left-handed

KEY

Question 1

            a) TRUE::Peter Luff, former Conservative defence minister, has demanded that every teacher should be trained to recognise the needs of left-handed children
            b) FALSE: Whenever these ‘scissor and glue’ lessons were announced the rest of the class would smile in delight. For me, it was utter torture.
            c) FALSE: At the end of one geography lesson, after a particularly awful map-sticking session, my teacher tore up the whole of my book in front of my peers. I can still vividly see my six-year-old face crumple into despair, desperately trying to fight back tears. The experience has scarred me to this day.
            d) TRUE: Every 20 minutes my hand would seize in cramps and I’d have to stop work to massage feeling back into it.

Question 2

a)       At the end of one geography lesson, after a particularly awful map-sticking session, my teacher tore up the whole of my book in front of my peers. I can still vividly see my six-year-old face crumple into despair, desperately trying to fight back tears. The experience has scarred me to this day.
b)       To avoid the dreaded biro smudge, caused by dragging my left hand over the words I had just written, I wrote from above, my wrist twisted. Every 20 minutes my hand would seize in cramps and I’d have to stop work to massage feeling back into it.

Question 3

a)       face                                      d). peers
b)       utter                                      e. scar
c)       crooked

Question 4

a. She said, 'Life as a leftie is not easy and we have suffered at the hands of the education system for too long.
She said that life as a leftie was not easy and they had suffered at the hands of the education system for too long.
b. The writer suffered in art lessons because there were not any scissors for left-handed pupils.
If there had been scissors for left- handed pupils, the writer would not have suffered so much in art lessons.
c. Students could type essays on the computer at university.
Essays could be typed (by students) at university.

No hay comentarios: