martes, 8 de abril de 2014

Rephrasings 13

Complete the following sentences without changing the meaning

1.       It wasnt necessary for you to do all this work.
You ……………………………………………………………
2.       Although he vas ill, he went to Paris.
In spite………………………………………………………
3.       Im sorry that I cant help you.
I wish ………………………………………………………
4.       It was possible for me to do it instead.
I …………………………………………………………………
5.       Sally wrote her book in three months
It took ……………………………………………………………
6.       Someone must tell him the truth.
He ……………………………………………………………
7.       People think that train robber Dave Brigss has escaped.
Train robber Dave Briggs ……………………………………
8.       People dont go to that restaurant because the prices are so high.
If …………………………………………………………………………….
9.       “Where do you keep your dog?” she asked him
She asked …………………………………………………………………
10.   The last time I saw Dan was five years ago.
Its ………………………………………………………………………….
11.   The book was so good that everyone bought it.
It was such …………………………………………………..
12.   Do they allow you to smoke in British cinemas?
Is …………………………………………………………………
13.   I havent read it for ages, but I loved it.
Its …………………………………………………………………..
14.   “Yeah, I have made a mistake. Forgive me.” He said.
He admitted …………………………………………………………
15.   Excuse me; is somebody serving you, sir?
Excuse me, are ……………………………………………


KEY


  1. You needn’t have done all this work.
  2. In spite of being ill, he went to Paris.
  3. I wish I could help you.
  4. I could do it instead.
  5. It took Sally three months to write her book.
  6. He must be told the truth.
  7. Train robber Dave Briggs is thought to have escaped.
  8. If prices weren’t so high, people would go to that restaurant.
  9. She asked him where he kept his dog.
  10. It’s five years since I last saw Dan.
  11. It was such a good book that everyone bought it.
  12. Is smoking allowed in British cinemas?
  13. It’s ages since I last read it, but I loved it.
  14. He admitted making a mistake.
  15. Excuse me, sir, are you being served?

No hay comentarios: