martes, 19 de febrero de 2019

Vocabulary collocations

Rewrite the sentences with a similar expression below. Make any necessary changes.


take after • hand in • sign up for • study abroad • look up to • depend on


1. I will always be there to support you.
You ....................................................... .
2. My mother is creative and athletic, but I’m not.
I ................................................................ .
3. I hope I can go to university in another country.
My hope  .................................................
4. My teacher wants the assignment by Monday.
I .............................................. .
5. I have got a lot of admiration for people who volunteer and help others.
I ................................................ .
6. Is your name on the list for the course? 
Did you ............................................ ?

Key


Possible answers
      1.   can depend on me
      2.   don’t take after my mother
      3.   is to study abroad
      4.   must hand in my assignment by Monday
      5.   look up to people who volunteer and help others

      6.   sign up for the course

No hay comentarios: