Click on the link below to watch a video about an important announcement by NYC Mayor concerning Central Park
One of the nation’s most iconic urban spaces is kicking out cars. For a trial period that starts in June, vehicles will no longer be allowed to drive through New York’s Central Park, save for cross-town transverses at 97th, 86th, 79th and 65th Streets.
Cars have been allowed on a loop drive shared with pedestrians and cyclists south of 72nd Street during certain hours. Loop drives above 72nd Street were closed to vehicular traffic permanently in 2015. “For more than a century, cars have turned parts of the world’s most iconic park into a highway. Today we take it back,” de Blasio said.Central Park without cars, the Parks Department said, would be cleaner and safer.
Watch the video and complete the following sentences:
- We are proud to be one of the __________ __________ ____________ ________.
- And now this park, we realize, is full potential for ______ __________, for _____ ________, for ______ _____________.
- All of them will now get to ___________ ____ ______________ __________ ____.
- We're on the _______ of _________ _________ ______ _________.
- There's an existential ___________ we're facing and ________ _________ _____.
- This park was not _____________ _____ _________.
- Literally, it was built before _______ ________ __________ .
- ...world's great running cities
- … our runners, our walkers, our bicyclers.
- ...enjoy a car-free Central Park.
- ...eve … Earth Day this weekend.
- ...threat.... that's climate change.
- … built for automobiles.
- …. there were automobiles.