jueves, 12 de marzo de 2015

Rephrasing Reported speech 2

Re-write the sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original.


1 "I can't believe what you're saying," Paul told me.

2 "Would you like a cup of tea? she said to the girls.

3 "What time did you arrive in London?" he asked.

4 "I'm sorry to be late, but I missed the bus" she said.

5 "Thank you for the postcard you sent me," she said to Jane.

6 "What were you doing last night at 9.30?" he asked.

7 "I'll show you when I finish," he said.

8 "The film had already started when Peter arrived," she said.

9 "I was having a shower when the phone rang," she said.

10 "You must finish the report today," my boss told me. 

KEY

1 Paul told me that he couldn't believe what he was saying.
2 She asked the girls if they would like a cup of tea. / She invited the girls to a cup of tea.
3 He asked what time I had arrived in London.
4 She said she was sorry to be late, but she had missed the bus. / She apologised for being late as she had missed the bus.
5 She thanked Jane for the postcard she had sent her.
6 He asked what I / we had been doing the previuos night at 9:30.
7 He said he would show me when he finished.
8 She said the film had already started when Peter arrived.
9 She said she had been having a shower when the phone rang.
10 My boss told me I had to finish the report that day.

No hay comentarios: