jueves, 26 de marzo de 2015

MIXED RELATIVE SENTENCES 1.

Join these sentences using a relative pronoun. Omit the relative where possible.

  1. The people were waiting at the finishing line. They cheered the winner loudly.
The people ……………………………………..
  1. I left one of my magazines at Ben’s. It had a good article about basketball in it.
The magazine ………………………………………
  1. I’ve just visited Mary’s house. It has impressive views from the terrace.
I’ve just visited Mary’s house …………………………………………..
  1. I’ve stayed on campsites. Most of them have been fine.
Most of the campsites …………………………………..
  1. Next month I’m going to Latvia. My grandmother was born there.
Next month I’m going to Latvia ………………………………..
  1. She was educated in a school. It had high fees.
The school …………………………….
  1. The shop sells computers. My father works there.
The shop ……………………………….
  1. That’s the boy. His parents won the first prize in the chess contest.
That’s the boy ……………………………………………..
  1. This is Mary Williams. She was my teacher at high school.
This is Mary Williams, …………………………………………..
  1. She spent a summer in Canterbury. It’s a nice old town in the south of England.
She spent the summer in Canterbury …………………………………..
  1. There were several chairs in the room. All of them were badly broken.
The were several chairs in the room, …………………………………
  1. My parents visited a town last year. It was Shakespeare’s birthplace.
The town ………………………………………………………………………
  1. The couple were sent to hospital. Their house had been destroyed by a fire.
The couple ………………………………………………………
  1. They talked to a boy. The boy hardly spoke English.
The boy ……………………………………………..


KEY



  1. The people who were waiting at the finishing line cheered the winner loudly.
  1. The magazine (which) I left at Ben's had a good article about basketball in it.
  1. I’ve just visited Mary’s house, which has impressive views from the terrace.
  1. Most of the campsites (which) I have stayed on have been fine.
  1. Next month I’m going to Latvia, where my grandmother was born.
  1. The school (which) she was educated in had high fees.
  1. The shop where my father works sells computers.
  1. That’s the boy whose parents won the first prize in the chess contest.
  1. This is Mary Williams, who was my teacher at high school.
  1. She spent the summer in Canterbury, which is a nice old town in the south of England.
  1. The were several chairs in the room, all of which were badly broken.
  1. The town (which) my parents visited last year was Shakespeare’s birthplace.
  1. The couple whose house had been destroyed by a fire were sent to hospital.
  1. The boy (who) they talked to hardly spoke English.

No hay comentarios: