martes, 5 de marzo de 2013

Somebody I used to know

Listen to the song and do the following activities 


Write the missing words   
                                 
Now and then I think of when we _1________together
Like when you said you
_2________ so happy you could die
I _3______ myself that you were right for me
But
felt so lonely in your _4_______ .
But that _5___ love and it's an ache I still remember
You can get addicted to a certain kind of _6________
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So, when we
_7_________ that we could not make sense
Well, you
  __8______ that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad that it was over


Put the lines in order
a.   No, you didn't have to stoop so low
b.  And I don't even need your love
c.  Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
d.  I guess that I don't need that though
e.  But you didn't have to cut me off
f.  Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
g.  But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough 

Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know


Fill in the gaps with the missing words 

Now and _9_______I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always
__10________ that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way, reading into every
_11_______ you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on
_12________ that you used to know
But you didn't have to _13______ me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were _14______
And I don't even need your __15______
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so
_16_________
No, you didn't have to stoop so
_17_______
Have your friends collect your
_18________ and then change your number
I
_19________ that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I
_20_______ to know
Somebody I used to know
Somebody, now you're just somebody that I used to know
Somebody I used to know
Somebody, now you're just somebody that I used to know 
I used to know
That I used to know
I used to know
Somebody 

 SOME SLANG EXPRESSIONS
Cut someone off: Stop communicating with someone; end a relationship (distanciarse, cortar con alguien)
Hung up on: Be obsessed
Let it go: Forget and forgive (dejarlo corer)
Reading into something: Looking for deeper meaning
Screw someone over: Betray someone (jugársela a alguien,traicionar)
Stoop so low: Do the worst possible action (caer tan bajo)

KEY

Missing words
1. were              2. Felt              3. Told                  4. Company         5. Was              6.sadness      7. Found          8. Said

Order of lines
E c b g a f d

Missing words
9. then 10. Something   11. Word   12. Somebody    13. Cut   14. Nothing   15. Love   16. Rough
17. low  18. Records   19. Guess   20. used   

No hay comentarios: