martes, 5 de marzo de 2013

Rephrasings 4




Rewrite these sentences using the words in brackets. The meaning must be the same.

1.      Rachel has a moped. She bought it in 2010. (for)
2.      Sara has the habit of wearing dresses. (usually)
3.      I felt ill last weekend. I still feel ill today. (since)
4.      I got home at 9:00 yesterday. My brother had started cooking at 8:30. (when)
5.      I didn’t use to like fish, but after eating it for years, its flavour seems ok to me. (got)
6.      When I was a child, I went to my grandmother’s very often. I don’t visit her any more. (used)
7.      The robber left the bank. Some minutes later, the police arrived. (by the time)
8.      After so many years going to the gym before school, it is totally ok for me to do sport in the morning. (doing)
9.      I became ill during my visit to Molly. (while)
10.   Patrick has worked here for many years. (many years ago)
11.   How long have you known Sarah? (meet)
12.   Is that ring yours? (belong)
13.   Martin never misses a football match. (always)
14.   The last time I saw Brian was three months ago. (for)
15.   I’m not hungry, thank you, I ate a minute ago. (have)





KEY
1.      Rachel has had a moped for 3 years.
2.      Sara usually wears dresses.
3.      I have been feeling ill since last weekend.
4.      When I got home yesterday, my brother was cooking.
5.      I got used to eating fish.
6.      When I was a child, I used to go to my grandmother’s.
7.      By the time the police arrived, the robber had already left the bank.
8.      After so many years going to the gym before school, I’m used to doing sport in the morning.
9.      I became ill while I was visiting Molly.
10.   Patrick started working here many years ago.
11.   When did you meet Sarah?
12.   Does this ring belong to you?
13.   Martin always watches a football match.
14.   I haven’t seen Brian for three months.
15.   I’m not hungry, I have already eaten.

No hay comentarios: