martes, 19 de marzo de 2013

Rephrasings 5


Re-write the sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original.
 
1 Messi scored the first goal.
It was ………………………………
2 You'd better forget about buying that car.
 If I ………………………………….
3 Shall we buy him a present?
Sean suggested……………………..
4 I had to go to school although I wasn't feeling well.
I had to go to school …………………………….
5 They say that the flu is not as dangerous as other infectious illnesses.
The flu is ………………………………….
6 Perhaps my mother starts working again.
My mother ………………………………….
7 I’m sure I've met this man before.
I ………………………………………….
8 Nobody can open the door to the back garden.
 The door …………………………………………
9 It's forbidden to light a fire in the countryside.
You ………………………………………….
10 It's not necessary for you to attend the meeting.
You ………………………………………….


KEY
  1. It was Messi who scored the first goal.
  2. If I were you I would forget about buying a car.
  3. Sean suggested buying his a present.
  4. I had to go to school despite / in spite of not feeling very well.
  5. The flu is said not to be as dangerous as other infectious illnesses.
  6. My mother may start working again.
  7. I must have met this man before.
  8. The door to the back garden can’t de opened.
  9. You mustn’t light a fire in the countryside.
  10. You don’t have to attend the meeting. 

No hay comentarios: