martes, 5 de marzo de 2019

COMMON PHRASAL VERBS REVIEW LOOK



Read the defitions for these common phrasal verbs with "LOOK" and then complete the sentences below with the correct form of the verbs

look after – to take care of
look for – to search, seek
look into- to investigate
look up- to find the meaning of a new word in your dictionary
look down on - to think that someone is less important than you
look up to – to admire and respect someone
look back – to remember something that happened in the past

  1. That athlete is a role model for teenagers to_________________
  2. While her neighbour was in hospital, Rachel __________________her baby
  3. Detetectives_________________ the recent murder downtown.
  4. Some students in my class are so proud of themselves that they always______________ the rest of their classmates
  5. I _________________ my passport for more than two hours but I haven’t found it yet.
  6. I’m not sure about the meaning of this word, I __________________ in a dictionary.
  7. Every time I see this picture I can’t avoid_______________ at my childhood

KEY

  1. look up to
  2. looked after
  3. are loooking into
  4. look down on
  5. have been looking for
  6. will look it up
  7. looking back


No hay comentarios: