martes, 8 de enero de 2019

SUFFIXES (adjectives)



Fill in the gaps with suitable adjectives
  1. You must be very (care) ………………………………………………………. when you drive in wet weather.
  2. It was so (fog) ……………………………………………………… this morning that I couldn’t see more than twenty metres in front of me.
  3. Everyone in my country has heard of her; she’s very (fame) ……………………………………………
  4. The people in the tourist information office were very (help) ………………………………………… and answered all our questions without any problems.
  5. This is a very (danger) ……………………………………………………… road; there were at least three serious accidents on it last year.
  6. It was very (pain) ……………………………………………………… when I hit my leg against the corner of the table.
  7. This bag is very (use) ……………………………………………………… because I can use it for work or when I go on holiday.
  8. The factory is in the middle of the (industry) ……………………………………………………… part of the city, surrounded by other factories.
  9. I made some coffee but it was horrible. In fact, my sister said it was not (drink) ……………………………………
  10. It seems terrible to me that there are so many (home) …………………………………………………… people living in a city with thousands of empty houses.

KEY
  1. careful
  2. foggy
  3. famous
  4. helpful
  5. dangerous
  6. painful
  7. useful
  8. industrial
  9. undrinkable
  10. homeless

No hay comentarios: