martes, 22 de enero de 2019

Causative use of Have


Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Use the causative form.

      1.   Jack and Amanda always get home from work late at night. That’s why they …………………… their dog …………………… (walk) every day by a dog walker.

      2.   Their children found a kitten on the street and brought it home. Yesterday, we …………………… the kitten …………………… (check) by the vet before adopting it.

      3.   I received a letter in French, but I couldn’t read it. I …………………… the letter …………………… (translate) as soon as possible.

      4.   I stepped on a piece of glass and it’s very painful. I …………………… it …………………… (must / removed) as soon as possible.


      5.   Our dog doesn’t obey us. We …………… it …………… (not train) as a puppy.


KEY

1. have / get … walked
2.   had / got … checked
3.   will have / get … translated
4.   must have / get … removed
5.   didn’t have / get … trained

No hay comentarios: