miércoles, 8 de marzo de 2017

Use of English



Complete the sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first, using the bold word. Do not change the bold word.



1. It wasn’t a habit of him to arrive late. (use)

He

2. I couldn’t rescue the cat on the tree. (able)

I

3. An improvement in his behaviour is expected. (improve)

We expect that

4. This is the first time I’ve been invited to Paul’s! (never)

I before!

5. He felt better after talking with her. (had)

After

6. My hairdresser usually cuts my hair. (have)

I

7. It is said that the weather will improve.(to)

The

8. He definitely knew what was happening.(have)

He must

9. The plane arrives just before 11:00. (will)

By 11:00

10. His employer was very nice. I’ve forgotten her name. (whose)

His employer,

11. Charles went to prison in 2000. (since)

Charles

12. It is possible that he escaped.(could)

He

13. We sat on some chairs. They weren’t very comfortable. (which)

The chairs

14. My sister always teaches me maths before the exams. (by)

I

15. Although he was late, he was allowed to enter the competition. (despite)

He








Key

  1. He didn’t use to arrive late.
  2. I wasn’t able to rescue the cat on the tree.
  3. We expect that his behaviour will improve.
  4. I have never been invited to Paul’s before!
  5. After he had talked with her, he felt better.
  6. I usually have my hair cut.
  7. The weather is said to improve.
  8. He must have known what was happening.
  9. By 11:00 the plane will have arrived.
  10. His employer, whose name I’ve forgotten, was very nice.
  11. Charles has been in prison since 2000.
  12. He could have escaped.
  13. The chairs on which we sat weren’t very comfortable.
  14. I am always taught maths before the exams by my sister’s.
  15. He was allowed to enter the competition despite being late.

No hay comentarios: