miércoles, 14 de diciembre de 2016

Rephrasing 5


Complete the sentences without changing the meaning of the original sentences.
      1.   The lecture was boring, so we didn’t stay.
             If the lecture ....................................................................................................  .
      2.   I think you should accept the job.
             If I ......................................................................................................................  .
      3.   Unfortunately, we forgot about the meeting.
             If only ...............................................................................................................  .
      4.   You must remind me or I’ll forget.
            Unless .............................................................................................................  .
      5.   I would love to visit a rainforest one day.
             I wish ................................................................................................................  .
      6.   He regrets getting rid of his bike.
             He wishes .......................................................................................................  .
Key 
      1.   hadn’t been boring, we would have stayed
      2.   were you, I would accept the job
      3.   we hadn’t forgotten about the meeting
      4.   you remind me, I’ll forget
      5.   I could visit a rainforest one day.  
      6.   he hadn’t got rid of his bike.


Rewrite the sentences with the words in brackets. Do not change the original meaning.
      1.   You must like spicy food to enjoy this traditional dish. (unless)
             .............................................................................................................................
      2.   Kit is ill, so he can’t go to the party. (weren’t)
             .............................................................................................................................
      3.   I missed the tour because I didn’t wake up on time. (wouldn’t)
             .............................................................................................................................
      4.   I haven’t got enough money, so I’m not going to Paris. (if)
             .............................................................................................................................


Key

1. Unless you like spicy food, you won’t enjoy this traditional dish. / You won’t enjoy this traditional dish unless you like spicy food.
2.   If Kit weren’t ill he could go to the party. / Kit could go to the party if he weren’t ill.
3.   I wouldn’t have missed the tour if I had woken up on time. / If I had woken up on time, I wouldn’t have missed the tour.
4.   If I had enough money, I would go to Paris. / I would go to Paris if I had enough money.

No hay comentarios: