miércoles, 14 de diciembre de 2016

Rephraising 4

Complete the sentences. Use a suitable modal or modal perfect. Do not change the original meaning of the sentences. 
1.  Perhaps I can help you find a place to stay.
     I ........................................................................................................................  .
2.  Phone Evan immediately!
     You ...................................................................................................................  .
3.  It isn’t necessary for Simon to attend the meeting.
     Simon ...............................................................................................................  .
4.  I don’t believe this bag is an imitation – it’s too expensive.
     This bag ...........................................................................................................  .
5.  Perhaps Penelope Cruz starred in that film – I don’t remember.
     Penelope Cruz .................................................................................................  .
6.  I know that it was wrong of me not to phone you.
     I ........................................................................................................................  .

Key

1. I might / may be able to help you find a place to stay.
2. You must / have to phone Evan immediately!
3. Simon doesn’t have to / needn’t attend the meeting.
4. This bag can’t be an imitation – it’s too expensive.
5. Penelope Cruz might / may have starred in that film – I don’t remember.
6. I should have / ought to have phoned you.

No hay comentarios: