jueves, 23 de octubre de 2014

Rephrasings 14


  Complete the following sentences without changing the meaning
  1.         She started drinking too much alcohol two years ago.
-She has
2.                  I don’t have a computer so I can’t type the essay on English grammar.
If I
3.                  Despite having been vaccinated she caught the flu.
Although she
4.                  “We will arrest them for illegal entry in the country”, the policeman said.
The policeman said
5.                  The teacher glued the pieces of the broken toy.
The pieces
6.                  It is possible that I finish work earlier than usual today.
I
7.                  This is the place. We last had coffee together here.
This is
8.                  I love German. Unfortunately, I can’t speak it fluently.
I wish I
9.                  As he hadn’t behaved himself, his parents got angry with him.
His parents
10.               Everybody must read the instructions first.
The instructions
11.               He made an effort to speak in English.
He tried
12.           This is the man. His job is very dangerous.
This is
13.            The engineer has repaired my television.
I’ve
14.            She gave up going to French lessons.
She stopped
15.            I regretted having hit the dog on the head.
I wish

KEY
1.       She has been drinking too much alcohol for two years.
2.       If I had a computer, I would be able to type the essay on English grammar.
3.       Although she had been vaccinated, she caught flu.
4.       The policeman said that they would arrest them for illegal entry in the country.
5.       The pieces of the broken toy were glued by the teacher.
6.       I may finish work earlier than usual today.
7.       This is where we last had coffee together.
8.       I wish I could speak German fluently.
9.       His parents got angry with him because he hadn’t behaved himself.
10.   The instructions must be read first.
11.   He tried to speak in English.
12.   This is the man whose job is very dangerous.
13.   I’ve had my television repaired (by the engineer)
14.   She stopped going to French lessons.
15.   I wish I hadn’t hit the dog on the head.

No hay comentarios: