martes, 9 de enero de 2018

Degree adverbs


1. Match the adverbs according to their strength

A bit, a little, extremely, fairly, pretty, quite, rather, really, slightly, very
+
++
+++













2. Complete with one of the adverbs above, paying attention to the number of letters they have.

1. “Have you seen the new John Travolta film?”
                “Yes, but I didn’t like it very much. It’s _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ boring
2. “How was your meal at the new Italian restaurant?”
                “OK, but it was _ _ _ _ _ _ expensive”
3. “How was the exam?”
                “All right. It was a _ _ _ difficult, but I answered the questions”
4. “Do you want to go out next week?”
                “I’m sorry, but I’m _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ busy next week. I don’t think I’ll have time”
5. “What’s the weather like?”
                “It’s _ _ _ _ _ _ warm. You won’t need a jacket”



Key

1. 
+
++
+++
A bit
Quite
Extremely
A little
Rather
Really
Slightly
Pretty
Very

Fairly


2. 
1. Slightly
2. Rather
3. Bit
4. Extremely
5. Pretty 

No hay comentarios: