miércoles, 16 de marzo de 2016

Relative clauses

Re-write the sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original. You must use a relative pronoun.
 

1 There's the lady. Her dog was killed.

2 I have a friend. He's a wonderful skater.

3 The boy broke the window. He ran away.

4 Scrabble is a very enjoyable game. I play Scrabble every weekend.

5 Camilo José Cela died a few years ago. He wrote Viaje a La Alcarria.
 
6 Vielha is a nice village in the Pyrenees. I usually spend my summer holidays there.

7 He received the parcel. He was waiting for it.

8 Robert Graves wrote I Claudius. He used to live in Majorca.

9 We went to the National Gallery in London. It was fascinating.

10 I remember those days. We were so happy then.

11 She hasn't got anything to do. This makes her angry.

12 Pete has become a singer. You met him last year.

13 Terenci Moix didn't like publicity. His novels were best-sellers.

14 The mountain is 3000 metres high. They climbed it.

15 I was happy to see my friend. He has been living in London for three years.

16 We have visited Tarragona. There are many Roman remains there.

17 He has lost the ring. Everyone admired it.

18 She finally passed the driving test. It made her very happy

19 Do you know the exact date? We are going to meet then.

20 He's the man. They were talking about him. 



 

KEY
  1. There's the lady whose dog was killed.
  2. I have a friend who is a wonderful skater.
  3. The boy who broke the window ran away.
  4. I play Scrabble, which is a very enjoyable game, every weekend.
  5. Camilo José Cela, who wrote Viaje a La Alcarria, died a few years ago. 
  6. Vielha, where I usually spend my summer holidays, is a nice village in the Pyrenees.
  7. He received the parcel (which) he was waiting for.
  8. Robert Graves, who used to live in Majorca, wrote I Claudius.
  9. We went to the National Gallery in London, which was fascinating.
  10. I remember those days when we were so happy
  11. She hasn't got anything to do, which makes her angry.
  12. Pete, whom you met last year, has become a singer.
  13. Terenci Moix, whose novels were best-sellers, didn't like publicity.
  14. The mountain (which) they climbed is 3000 metres high.
  15. I was happy to see my friend, who has been living in London for three years.
  16. We have visited Tarragona, where there are many Roman remains.
  17. He has lost the ring (which) everyone admired.
  18. She finally passed the driving test, which made her very happy
  19. Do you know the exact date when we are going to meet?
  20. He's the man (who) they were talking about. 

No hay comentarios: