martes, 22 de octubre de 2013

A Cloze for Halloween

Complete the gaps with the words below.


American | bad | costume | don't | eyes | give | holidays | house | I | is | knock | learned | like | making | October | or | out | pumpkins | so | the | too | very

Halloween is one of the most famous …………………. in the U.S., and it is on …………….. 31. People carve …………….  and make funny faces on them. These are called "Jack-O-Lanterns." On October 31, children wear a special ……………… such as a witch, ghost,  ………….clown. They go to many houses and they …………. on the door saying, "Trick or Treat!" It means that if people …………….  give them a treat, they will play some kind of trick on the household. So, usually people …………………. candy to them.

I carved my first Halloween pumpkin at my Friendship Family's ……………. . First, I cut open the top of …………….. pumpkin and pulled the seeds ………... It was not good for me because
it was sticky and smelled …………..  . I had never carved a pumpkin, ……………………. it was interesting for me. Next, …………….. carved the  …………………and the mouth. I wanted to make a face……………  a pirate. When I finished ………………. the face, I put a candle inside. It was ……………………. beautiful, so I was happy.

I had a good experience because I ………………….. one new idea about …………………… culture by taking part in it. I think Halloween ……………………. an interesting American holiday which involves all family members and neighbors ……………………………..!



KEY

Holidays, October, pumpkins, costume, or, knock, don’t, give, house, the, out, bad, so, I, eyes, like, making, very, learned, American, is, too.

No hay comentarios: