martes, 22 de enero de 2013

Rephrasings 3


Rewrite the following sententes without changing the meaning.


1. You mustn’t smoke in here.
You are ________________________ in here.

2. You failed the exam because you didn’t study.
If you had studied, you ______________ the exam

3. In the past Gerald drove to work, but he doesn’t any more.
Gerald _________________ to work, but he doesn’t any more.

4. We can’t wait to move into our new house.
I am ___________________ into our new house.

5. The last time I saw Audrey was when I was in Italy.
I ____________________ Audrey since I was in Italy.

6. I was never allowed to drink soft drinks when I was young.
They didn’t _________________ soft drinks when I was young.

7. They will promote somebody from the 9th floor.
Somebody ______________ from the 9th floor.

8. My parents let me do what I wanted.
My parents ______________ what I wanted.

9. When did you start working at this bank?
How long ______________ at this bank?

10. Take this medicine and you’ll soon feel better.
If you _______________ soon feel better.

11. I think the best thing you can do is stay in a cheap hotel.
If I ________________ in a cheap hotel

12. Frank once enjoyed boxing, but he doesn’t now.
Frank ___________ boxing, but he doesn’t now.

13. They don’t make Volvos in Norway.
Volvos ___________ in Norway.

14. Last time she smoked was 10 years ago.
Sue ________________ 10 years.

15. "Send this letter for me" John said to me.
John _________________ for him.


KEY

  1. not allowed to smoke.
  2. wouldn't have failed
  3. used to drive
  4. looking forward to moving
  5. haven't seen
  6. let me drink
  7. will be promoted
  8. let me do
  9. have you been working
  10. take this medicine, you will
  11. were you, I would stay
  12. used to enjoy
  13. aren't made
  14. hasn't smoked for
  15. told me to send that letter

No hay comentarios: