martes, 23 de octubre de 2018

TRANSLATION "TAKE" AND "LAST"



There are different words and expressions you can use in Spanish to translate the English verbs “take / last”. Translate the following sentences:
  1. Estos zapatos me han durado mucho y sólo pagué por ellos diez libras.
  2. Fue bonito mientras duró.
  3. ¿Cuánto tarde normalmente en llegar una carta a Inglaterra?
  4. Su contrato no durará seis meses.
  5. Todos los domingos lavo mi coche, lo que me lleva normalmente hora y media.
  6. Nuestro amor durará para siempre.
  7. Me lleva meses leer un libro.
  8. Un partido de fútbol dura noventa minutos.
  9. Los atascos fueron horribles; me llevó una hora llegar a tu casa.
  10. Lleva mucho tiempo aprender una lengua extranjera.


KEY
  1. These shoes lasted me well and I only paid ten pounds for them.
  2. It was nice while it lasted.
  3. How long does a letter normally take to get to England?
  4. His contract won’t last six months.
  5. Every Sunday I wash my car, which normally takes me an hour and a half.
  6. Our love will last forever.
  7. It takes me months to read a book.
  8. A football match lasts ninety minutes.
  9. The traffic jams were awful; it took me an hour to get to your house.
  10. It takes a long time to learn a foreign language.


No hay comentarios: