jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

Rephrasing Revision 2

Rewrite the following sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original.

1.  Has all that been understood by all of you?
Have you all...
2. Someone will have to pick up this broken glass or we mustn't allow the children to come anywhere near this room.
This broken glass...
3. Unless you stepped on my feet, I would dance with you.
If…
4. The radio said last night that a volcano is erupting on the island.
A volcano...
5. You bought a new one, which wasn't necessary. I could have lent you mine.
You...
6. A new stretch of motorway is going to be built between Graz and Lund.
They...
7. ‘Be careful. There are lots of wasps here,’ he said.
He warned…
8. I'm sure someone stole his watch while he was asleep.
Someone...
9. In a few years’ time, it will be possible for a man to destroy the whole solar system.
In a few years time, a man will...
10. If only I had a good ear for music.
I wish…
11. It’s half an hour now since they started shouting.
They have…
12. ‘You didn’t pay attention to me when I was a child,’ I said to my father.
I accused my father…
13. ‘I’ll help you to do your homework as soon as I can,’ he told his son.
He promised…
14. The architect has made the plans for our house.
We…
15. ‘I won’t go to that hotel again,’ she said.
She refused…
16. You cannot go into that restaurant without a jacket and tie.
Unless...
17. It was the longest sentence I’d ever read. It was one page long.
I had…
18. ‘I’m sorry I didn’t send you the letter,’ she said to me.
She apologised
19. Wash it in boiling water and it will shrink.
If ...
20. Lisa wants to become a lawyer, so she’s studying hard.
If
21. John cheated on his exam and they expelled him from the university.
If ...                                           , he...
22. She never calls. She does it when it’s important.
Unless …
23. They gave John another opportunity.
John …
24. People believe that the event will be a success.
The event
25. They are going to revise the club's rules.

The club’s …

Key
  1. Have you all understood all that?
  2. This broken glass will have to be picked up or we mustn’t allow the children to come anywhere near this room.
  3. If didn’t step on my feet, I would dance with you.
  4. A volcano is said to be erupting on the island.
  5. You didn’t have to buy a new one. I could lend you mine.
  6. They are going to build a new stretch of motorway between Graz and Lund.
  7. He warned us about the wasps there.
  8. Someone must have stolen his watch while he was asleep.
  9. In a few years time, a man will be able to destroy the whole solar system.
  10. I wish I had a good ear for music.
  11. They have been shouting for half an hour.
  12. I accused my father of not paying attention to me when I was a child.
  13. He promised to help his son to do his homework as soon as he could.
  14. We have had the plans for our house made.
  15. She refused to go to that hotel again.
  16. Unless you wear a jacket and tie, you cannot go into that restaurant.
  17. I had never read such a long sentence. It was on page long.
  18. She apologised for not having sent me the letter.
  19. If you wash it in boiling water, it will shrink / it shrinks.
  20. If wants to become a lawyer, she has to study hard.
  21. If John hadn’t cheated on his exams, he wouldn’t have been expelled from the university.
  22. Unless it is important, she never calls.
  23. John was given another opportunity.
  24. The event is believed to be a success.
  25. The club’s rules are going to be revised.


No hay comentarios: