jueves, 30 de abril de 2015

Rephrasing Revision 1

Rewrite the following sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original.


1. It isn't necessary for us to deliver the order until next month.
We...
2. He felt seasick because he hadn’t taken his pills.
If…
3. Despite having been vaccinated he caught the flu.
Although…
4. 'Can you guess who has just left?' he asked us.
He asked us if...
5. Malcolm was originally going to buy a car, but he bought a motorcycle instead.
Instead...
6. Politics are seen by many ambitious men as a stepping-stone to power.
Many...
7. She had the biggest collection of foreign coins in the school.
Nobody in the school…
8. It was impossible for me to contact him on the phone yesterday.
I...
9. ‘Come home with me,’ Stewart said.
Stewart told…
10. What a pity you can’t see the newborn baby!
I wish…
11. Even though she has an exercise bicycle at home, she is quite overweight.
In spite…
12. They used chemicals so as to kill the insects in the trees.
They used chemicals in…
13. Two new suits are being made for him.
He is...
14. A window had been smashed and everything that was in the car had been stolen.
Someone...
15. ‘Have you seen a red wallet on the pavement?’, she asked me.
She asked…
16. You won’t be employed by this company unless your performance is good.
If your…
17. The authorities are going to isolate the factory because of the atomic leak.
The factory...
18. You can hear a baby crying and you’re trying to study.
You say: I wish…
19. I haven't seen so much rain for a long time.
It's...
20 The meanings of these words are often confused.
People...
21. It's not necessary for you to go.
You...
22. Was it necessary for you to wait a long time for the bus?
Did...
23. If I were you I would marry that girl.
You...
24. It's against the rules to smoke in bed.
You...
25. He knows how to do a cartwheel.

He…

KEY

  1. We don’t have to deliver the order until next month.
  2. If he had taken his pills, he wouldn’t have felt seasick.
  3. Although he had been vaccinated, he caught flu.
  4. He asked us if we could guess who had just left.
  5. Instead of buying a car (as Malcolm was originally going to do, he bought a motorcycle.
  6. Many ambitious men see politics as a stepping-stone to power.
  7. Nobody in the school had a bigger collection of foreign coins.
  8. I couldn’t contact him on the phone yesterday.
  9. Stewart told me to go with him.
  10. I wish you could see the newborn baby.
  11. In spite of having an exercise bicycle at home, she is quite overweight.
  12. They used chemicals in order to kill insects in the trees.
  13. He is having two new suits made.
  14. Someone had smashed a window and had stolen everything that was in the car.
  15. She asked me if I had seen a red wallet on the pavement.
  16. If your performance isn’t good, you won’t be employed by this company.
  17. The factory is going to be isolated because of the atomic leak.
  18. You say: “I wish the baby would stop crying, I’m trying to study”.
  19. It's a long time since I have seen so much rain.
  20. People often confuse the meaning of these words.
  21. You don’t have to go.
  22. Did you have to wait a long time for the bus?
  23. You should marry that girl.
  24. You mustn’t smoke in bed.
  25. He can do a cartwheel.

No hay comentarios: