martes, 7 de mayo de 2013

Rephrasing


 Rewrite the following sentences without changing the meaning.

  1. He asked her to write the report by midnight.
Will……………………………………………………………?
  1. She suggested working on the report together.
Why don’t………………………………………………….…?
  1. He advised her to sell her story.
If I ………………………………………………………
  1. What’s the lesson this afternoon? He asked.
He wanted to know …………………………………………..
  1. What a pity Mary didn’t remember to take the camera.
I wish Mary………………………………………………………………
  1. ‘Please bring me another cup of coffee,’ I said to the waiter.
I asked ………………………………………………………………………………..
  1. I’m sorry I can’t speak English perfectly.
I wish ………………………………………………………………………………...
  1. I’m sorry I didn’t reply to your last letter, he said.
He apologised to me ………………………………………………………………..
  1. They sell English books in that shop.
English books ………………………………………………………………...……..
  1. Someone is repairing my car.
My car ………………………………………………………………………………..
  1.   They took him to hospital.
He …………………………………………………………………………………….
  1. People were watching the match on TV 
The match…………………………………………………………………………….
  1. Although he was wealthy, he spent very little money.
Despite…………………………………………………………………………………………………
  1. Despite the long journey, they stayed up until midnight.
Although…………………………………………………………………………………………………
  1. If you don’t go on a diet, you won’t lose weight.
You should go on a diet…………………………………………………………………………………..
  1. She won’t get better unless she takes physical exercise.
If she……………………………………………………………………………………………………
  1. Last night we saw Patrick. His children go to the same school as our daughter.
Last night…………………………………………………………………………………………………
  1. This is the plan. You have been talking about it for three hours.
This is ………………………………………………………………………………………………….

19.   She started drinking too much alcohol two years ago.
She has ……………………………………………………………….

20.   I don’t have a computer so I can’t type the essay on English grammar.
If ……………………………………………………………………………………

No hay comentarios: