martes, 11 de diciembre de 2012

A Letter to Santa


                                                                            
CHOOSE THE CORRECT OPTION TO FILL IN THE GAPS
                                                            
I hope you are well and that your preparations for Christmas this year are coming along nicely.
I'm writing to you because I'm really looking a) __________ to Christmas and I want to tell you about the presents we’d all like b) _____ this year.
I’d really love to get two new cars. I c) _________ my toy Ferrari and the Jaguar d) _________ the table and now it's only got one wheel.
I’d also like a lot of sweets and a big box of chocolates e) ___________ with my friends at school. Please don't put the chocolates in my Christmas f) ___________ because the dog will probably eat them like she did last year.
My sister and I would love to have two horses. Dad thinks this is silly because we live in a city and he says there's g) _____________ to put them and we won't h) ___________   look after them. That's silly because we could easily keep them in the park around the corner and my brother John can feed them. i) ________________.
j) _________________, John wants a new bike this year and my sister Sally would like an iPad. Please don't get her the old iPad because she says the camera is rubbish and the new model has a much better screen.
Dad wants some new k) __________ and a big flat-screen TV to watch the football on. I know that Mum thinks a new TV is a big l) ___________ of money and that's why I'm asking you.
Mum wants a new dress and m) ________ perfume. She needs a new pair of slippers too, but don't worry n) _______ those because I think Dad's getting them.
Granny says she wants new legs for Christmas so that she can get up and down the o) _________ easier, so I'll leave that with you. Oh, and my Granddad wants his luck to change so that he can   p)  ___________ money betting on the horses. Can you do that for him? I think he would also like a bottle of brandy, because Dad always q) ____________ at him when he drinks the brandy from the cupboard.
I think that's all for this Christmas. Be careful when you come down the chimney, because we had it r) ______________ last month and there's a gas fire there now. It might be better if you came through the window. s) _________________ one open for you.
Best wishes and a very Merry Christmas to you, your reindeer and all your little helpers in Lapland.
Ted. X


a)  for                                       through                         forward
b) to have                                  having                           have
c) break                                    broke                            have broke
d) fell                                        fell down                       fell off
e) to deal                                  to compart                    to share
f) stocking                                 boot                             pants
g) anywhere                              somewhere                   nowhere
h) can                                       be able                         be able to
i) He’s nearly 13 years               He has 13                     He’s nearly 13
j) In the other hand                    by the way                    In any case
k) tools                                     pools                            dools
l) bad spend                              waste                           lose
m) the                                      some                            a
n) for                                        about                            on
o) ladder                                   escalators                     stairs
p) win                                       earn                             do
q) talks                                     shouts                          shoots
r) blocked up                             bricked for                     broken down
s) I leave                                   I’ll live                           I’ll leave





KEY
a)  for               through             forward
b) to have          having               have
c) break            broke                have broke
d) fell                fell down           fell off
e) to deal          to compart        to share
f) stocking         boot                 pants
g) anywhere      somewhere       nowhere
h) can               be able             be able to
i) He’s nearly 13 years               He has 13         He’s nearly 13
j) In the other hand        by the way                    In any case
k) tools             pools                dools
l) bad spend      waste               lose
m) the              some                a
n) for                about                on
o) ladder           escalators         stairs
p) win               earn                 do
q) talks             shouts              shoots
r) blocked up     bricked for         broken down
s) I leave           I’ll live               I’ll leave



No hay comentarios: