martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012

Rephrasings 1

Rewrite the following sentences without changing the meaning.



1. “Why don’t we play computer games?” said Michael.

Michael suggested ……………………

2. Molly said: “Are you coming to the party on Friday?”

Molly asked him ………………………….

3. They came to live in New York two years ago.

They have ………………………………………..

4. Smoking is forbidden in hospitals.

You ……………………………….

5. Although the weather was horrible, we went skiing.

In spite of …………………………………

6. I would like to have more free time these days.

I wish ……………………………………………

7. I met that famous writer a year ago.

It’s been a year …………………………

8. Wendy didn’t study for her test. Therefore, she failed.

If ………………………..

9. “Don’t speak so loud, please”, the teacher said to the students.

She ……………………………..

10. My new neighbours have got a baby. Her name is Claire.

My……………………………………………..



KEY

1. Michael suggested playing computer games.

2. Molly asked him if he was going to the party the following Friday.

3. They have been living in New York for two years.

4. You mustn’t smoke in hospital. You are not allowed to smoke in hospitals

5. In spite of the horrible weather, we went skiing.

6. I wish I had more free time these days.

7. It’s been a year since I met a famous writer.

8. If Wendy had study for her test, she would not have failed.

9. The teacher asked the students not to speak so loud.

10. My neighbours have got a baby whose name is Claire

No hay comentarios: