martes, 23 de febrero de 2010

"What are the advantages and disadvantages of mobile phones?”

"What are the advantages and disadvantages of mobile phones?”

Mobile phones help us communicate everywhere, which is very important. They are good at emergencies, when you’ve 1. .... a car accident, for instance. A mobile phone 2. .... save your life! Mobile phones are also 3. .... because they have many good features - we can take photos and send them all over the world. But every coin has two sides. The 4. .... thing about mobile phones is that you have no privacy. My boss and friends find me whenever they want! I haven’t enjoyed a whole quiet day since the day I 5. .... my mobile phone. 6. .... disadvantage is that mobile phones make us lose good habits, such as punctuality. Before, when we 7. .... keep in touch so easily, if we had a date with someone, we tried our best to arrive 8. .... time. But now, because of the mobile phone, we are not afraid of 9. .... late any more, so, surprisingly enough, we make people wait! The third drawback I see is that I change my mobile phone once a year, and this means I’m spending far too much money on it. I think it is important to think why we use mobile phones. We should use things such as mobile phones, laptops, cameras, the Internet, and so on, 10. .... our needs. We can turn off our mobile phone when we don’t want to be disturbed by someone. If we know how to use it, we can eliminate its disadvantages.

1. A. HAVE B. MADE C. HAD D. CRASHED
2. A. MUST B. CAN C. NEED D. HAVE TO
3. A. ANNOYED B. INTERESTED C. INTERESTING D. ANNOYING
4. A. WORSE B. GOOD C. WORST D. IMPORTANT
5. A.PAID B. ACQUIRED C. OBTAINED D. GOT
6. A. OTHER B. ONE OTHER C. THE OTHER D. ANOTHER
7. A. COULDN’T B. MUST C. CAN’T D. HAVE
8. A. AT B. IN C. ON D. BY
9. A. BE B. TO BE C. BEING D. STAYED
10. A. FOR SATISFY B. TO SATISFY C. FOR TO SATISFY D. SO SATISFYING

No hay comentarios: