martes, 11 de febrero de 2020

PERFECT TENSES



Complete the dialogue with the verbs in brackets. Use a suitable perfect tense.

Taylor: Where 1. …………………… you …………………… (be)?

Emily: I 2. …………………… just …………………… (come) back from the post office. I got a letter from my cousin in Australia. She also sent me a parcel with some interesting gifts.

Taylor: A letter? I don’t know anyone who 3. …………………… (receive) a snail mail letter for a long time. Don’t you send e-mails or use Facebook?

Emily: No, we don’t. We 4. ………………… (send) letters to each other since we were kids. Even after we 5. …………………… (buy) our first computers, we continued to use snail mail.
I guess we got used to writing letters because we 6. …………………… (do) it for so long.

Taylor: But it takes so long to get the letter!

Emily: Well, I guess opening my cousin’s letter 7. ………………… always …………………… (excite) me. I know that I would miss that feeling.


KEY
1. have … been 5. had bought
2. have … come 6. had been doing
3. has received 7. has … excited
4. have been sending

No hay comentarios: