martes, 11 de febrero de 2014

Rephrasings 11

Complete the following sentences without changing the meaning

1.       Youve painted the gate red. Now you think that it doesnt look very nice.
I wish ……………………………………………………..
2.       In my absence someone had broken the lock of my car and stolen the luggage on the back seat.
In my absence the lock of my car ………………………………………
3.       'Let's all go to the cinema tomorrow,' said my mother.
My mother suggested ……………………………………………
4.       I must add some salt to the stew.
Some salt…………………………………………………………
5.       We could go to an Italian restaurant this evening.
Why …………………………………………………………………
6.       I've never drunk such a strange cocktail before.
It's …………………………………………………………………….
7.       They say the actress is staying incognito at the Hilton.
The actress…………………………………………………………
8.       Give me some food for the children, the woman begged us.
The woman begged………………………………………………………..
9.       You live in a big city and you dont like it.
I wish ……………………………………………………….
10.   Pauls brother won the first prize in the contest.
Paul is the boy ………………………………………………………
11.   This suitcase is too small for all my things.
This suitcase is not …………………………………………..
12.   Leo felt sick because he was eating polluted shellfish.
If Leo……………………………………………………………….
13.   Im feeling better. It isnt necessary for you to stay with me all night long.
Im feeling better. You ……………………………………………………….
14.   We pay someone to polish these floors at least once a month.
We have ……………………………………………………………
15.   Please, dont ask me about it, Paul said.
Paul advised us …………………………………………………
16.   Marilyn said, 'I'm terribly sorry I'm so late”.
Marilyn apologized ………………………………………………..


KEY


  1. I wish I hadn’t painted the house red.
  2. In my absence the lock of my car had been broken and the luggage on the back seat had been stolen.
  3. My mother suggested going to the cinema the following day.
  4. Some salt must be added to the stew.
  5. Why don’t we go to an Italian restaurant?
  6. It’s the first time I have drunk such a strange cocktail.
  7. The actress is said to be staying incognito at the Hilton.
  8. The woman begged us to give her some food for the children.
  9. I wish I didn’t live in a big city.
  10. Paul is the boy whose brother won the first prize in the contest.
  11. This suitcase is not big enough for all my things.
  12. If Leo hadn’t eaten polluted shellfish, he wouldn’t have felt sick
  13. Im feeling better. You needn’t/don’t have to stay with me all night long.  
  14. We have our floors polished at least once a month.
  15. Paul advised us not to ask him about it.
  16. Marilyn apologized for being so late.

No hay comentarios: