martes, 25 de febrero de 2014

Lesson Plan: Speaking Practice



Getting your students to talk

Love them or hate them, speaking exams are in and here to stay. In this section we'll be giving you tips on how to prepare your students for speaking exams by offering a list of functions, communication strategies and practical, easy to use classroom activities.

Talking about 'yourvirtualself'...

This activity is a slant on the customary talking about yourself exercise which is introduced in most text books at the beginning of the school year.
Students can choose to be a virtual person and create a completely different character for the purposes of this activity. They prepare a few notes based on the information below before the class and could even be encouraged to find a photo on the internet.

Useful Language
My name’s ...
I’m from ... / I live in ...
I was born in ...
I’m ... years old.
I go to ... school.
I like ... because ...
I don’t like ... because ...
In my free time / After school, I ...
My best friends are ... because ...
My favourite (school subject, actor, pop group, sport) is ... because ...
I have ... brothers and sisters.
In the future, I’d like to ... because ...


In class the following day, the teacher tells the students they have to interview each other and decide on the 3 people they would most like to have a lifetime friendship with and why. Allow the students enough time to interview each other and then ask for written feedback to be handed in at the end of class.

No hay comentarios: