martes, 20 de noviembre de 2012

Rephrasings 2


Rewrite the sentences so that they have the same meaning as the original.

1 Perhaps we'll go to Disneyworld next summer. 
      We ..................................
2 Train fares are expected to rise again. 
      Train fares .........................
3 Do you mind closing the door, please? 
      She asked .........................
4 Why don't we go to a concert tonight? 
      She suggested ..........................
5 A computer technician is going to revise my system. 
      I am .........................
6 They were late because they missed the train.
7 I regret I didn't tell John about the party. 
   I wish......................................
8 Nothing could be done to rescue the crew. 
   You could ......................................
9 It's forbidden to use electrical devices on a plane. 
    You .................................
10 He failed the driving test because he was terribly nervous. 
    He would........................................



KEY

  1. We may go to Disneyworld next summer.
  2. Train fares may raise again.
  3. She asked me to close the door.
  4. He suggested going to a concert that night.
  5. I am going to have my system revised by a computer technician.
  6. If they hadn't missed the train, they wouldn't have been late.
  7. I wish I had tols John about the party.
  8. You could not do anything to rescue the crew.
  9. You mustn't use electrical devices on a plane.
  10. He woul dnot have failed the driving test if he hadn't been terribly nervous.


No hay comentarios: