martes, 22 de marzo de 2011

Letter of Complaint


Here's a guided exercise on how to write a letter of complaint

Complete the letter of complaint by writing one of these words in each space

begin finally faithfully discount so misleading because complain forward above but attention point refund advertisement


Dear Sir/Madam,

I feel I must __________(1) about the lunch we had at your restaurant on Thursday 17th December. Unfortunately, both the food and the service were not satisfactory.

To __________(2) with, the dishes we ordered were inedible __________(3) of heavy seasoning. There was __________(4) much salt and pepper on the food that it was impossible to eat the whole meal.

I must also __________(5) out that your advertisement was __________(6) as there were only two vegetarian dishes on the menu.

__________(7), when we asked for the bill, we were surprised at the staff's ignorance of the 10% __________(8) for group bookings. Again, this was something highlighted in your __________(9). We could have made a fuss about it, __________(10) we decided not to.

Considering all the __________(11), I believe I am entitled to a partial __________(12). I am confident that this matter will receive your prompt __________(13). I look __________(14) to hearing from you.

Yours __________(15),

Opening paragraph:

I am writing to complain about…..

I feel I must complain about……

I am writing to you in connection with…..

It was completely different from…..

I am dissatisfied with…..

Unfortunately, it was nothing like what I expected.

Expressions for middle paragraphs:

I must mention / point out …..

To make matters worse….

I was shocked / surprised / disappointed…..

As if that was not bad enough…

To my surprise / amazement…

Closing paragraph:

I demand a full refund / immediate action / a replacement.

I would be grateful if you dealt with this matter immediately.

I would appreciate if we could sort this matter out as soon as possible.

I am afraid that if this matter is not dealt with immediately, I will….

I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

No hay comentarios: