martes, 28 de enero de 2014

Rephrasings


Complete the following sentences without changing the meaning

1.       They didnt tell me the secret.
I …………………………………………………
2.       Im sure they are at home. The lights are on.
They ………………………………………………
3.       I didnt invite Beth. I had forgotten her telephone number.
If I ……………………………………………………………….
4.       Shakespeare was a famous writer. He wrote beautiful sonnets.
Shakespeare, …………………………………………
5.       “Ill move the piano to the other room, I said.
I offered ……………………………………………..
6.       It is such a pity you cant come along!
I wish ………………………………………………….
7.       Bananas are more expensive than apples.
Apples ………………………………………………………….
8.       In spite of putting two lumps of sugar in my coffee, it was still bitter.
Although ……………………………………………………………
9.       I last had flu five years ago.
I havent ………………………………………………………….
10.   Im sure shes telling lies.
She ………………………………………………………………
11.   The teenager in red has broken the window.
The window ……………………………………………………..
12.   In my opinion, taking some exercise would be good for you.
You …………………………………………………………………
13.   The teacher didnt tell us the answer.
We …………………………………………………………………
14.   I last visited London fifteen years ago.
It’s  ………………………………………………………….
15.   She asked me: “What time does your party start?”
She asked ……………………………………………………….




KEY


  1. I wasn’t told the secret.
  2. They must be at home.
  3. If I had Known Beth’s phone number I would have invited her.
  4. Shakespeare, who wrote beautiful sonnets, was a famous writer.
  5. I offered to move the piano to the other room.
  6. I wish you cold come along.
  7. Apples are cheaper than bananas.
  8. Although I had two lumps of sugar in my coffee, it was still bitter.
  9. I haven’t had flu for five years.
  10. She must be telling lies.
  11. The window has been broken by the teenager in red.
  12. You should take some exercise.
  13. We weren’t told the answer(by the teacher)
  14. It’s five years since I last visited London.
  15. She asked me what time the party started. 

No hay comentarios: